In my previous post I provided a simple example of how to use Retrofit to define, create and use a REST API client. Even in that simple example the issue of how to deal with different responses to a request came up. That is, where the response we receive does not conform to the strongly typed response we expected (or hoped for). Here’s how we deal with that, in a strongly typed way.
I’ve recently been working on a new project involving an Azure hosted ASP.NET MVC WebApi application (actually a pair of them) and native mobile and web applications. Everything is – of course – built using Oxygene. For the Android mobile app I was looking for a REST API client library and have settled upon Retrofit and thought I would share the experience.
Yesterday I initially posted that you couldn’t mix Unified Syntax with “traditional” interface and implementation sections. Or what I am now calling Segregated Syntax. As sometimes happens, shortly after writing what I thought I knew to be true I discovered it wasn’t ! Sorry about that. 🙂 I promised to illustrate the scenario where I found it both possible and useful, and here it is.
In the periodic table of the elements, at #9 we find Fluorine. Curiously though the name “Fluorine” is not used (that I am aware of) anywhere in the Elements 9.0 release which dropped this week. But there is plenty of interest in this release, aside from Period Table curios.
Not really a “Pascal” issue, but an important one never-the-less and one that for some curious reason is not receiving any significant coverage: Windows 10 deletes your OneDrive files (in the cloud).
This is a quick follow up post to further tease some of the exciting developments in the world of RemObjects Elements. Yesterday I posted about implementing a Windows version of my trivially simple RandomNumber application. Today, I present another Windows version. But this one doesn’t use .NET.
This final post in the mini-series re-creating a random number app for OS X, Android and .NET has taken a while not because it’s complicated but because I’ve been distracted by a far more significant cross-platform project and some significant and exciting developments in the world of Fire and Elements. More on that later First, let’s get this .NET app out of the way.
Something made me check the post I published yesterday and it’s a good job I did because I found that WordPress had severely truncated it (perhaps something to do with the update to 4.5.1 that I did later on ?). In any event, that previous post has now been restored (fortunately the previous revision in the WordPress history was still more or less complete), so if you thought it had cut short rather abruptly, you weren’t wrong, and the full post is now available as intended.
I’m not sure how many more song inspired Fire references I can keep coming up with, but here at least is one more.
Earlier this year, the Fire IDE for Elements was officially released after a fairly extensive beta. I have previously stuck with Visual Studio for the [relatively little] Elements work I have been doing but problems with my VM solution on a recently acquired MacBook Pro gave me the impetus to spend some quality time with Fire, and I have to say it is very impressive.