[Estimated Reading Time: 5 minutes] In the previous post in this series, we saw that the number of threads that a given process could support was determined by a number of factors, of which the stack size reserved for each thread was key. We also saw how we could change the stack size used by our application and how this could increase the number of threads that our process could support. But if you thought it seemed a bit crude to have to set a single stack size for all the threads in a process (including the main thread), then you would be right, and we can do something about this.
[Estimated Reading Time: 6 minutes] Roberto Schneiders recently drew my attention to the first post on his new blog (which I can recommend as a good read 🙂 ), presenting the results of some performance testing of DataSnap that he had been involved with which proved to be very interesting (if initially somewhat disappointing). But my post isn’t about that, at least not directly.
[Estimated Reading Time: 4 minutes] So I have spent about a week now with XE2 and FireMonkey and thought I would share some of the experience so far. After an initial peek and poke around, the first order of business for me was to migrate some of my existing code to the new RTL. First on the list was my own testing framework which I have been using for a few years now. Something which was on the verge of being ready to expose to the harsh light of day but which I had decided to wait until I had an XE2 (and dare I hope… a cross platform) version before releasing. So this will be the first in a number of posts dealing with specific things that I have run across. First up: Win32/Win64 cross-platform.