So I have spent about a week now with XE2 and FireMonkey and thought I would share some of the experience so far.
After an initial peek and poke around, the first order of business for me was to migrate some of my existing code to the new RTL. First on the list was my own testing framework which I have been using for a few years now. Something which was on the verge of being ready to expose to the harsh light of day but which I had decided to wait until I had an XE2 (and dare I hope… a cross platform) version before releasing.
So this will be the first in a number of posts dealing with specific things that I have run across.
First up: Win32/Win64 cross-platform.
Read the rest of this entry »