[Estimated Reading Time: 9 minutes] I’ve mentioned some of the cool stuff in the Oxygene language in various posts and thought it would be a good idea to list them again, along with some others that I’ve not previously mentioned.
[Estimated Reading Time: 7 minutes] In my previous post I explained how I believed I had solved a problem with my widget, only to discover that it created a different problem in the process. I had believed that IntentService based services were long-lived, but in fact this is not the case. However, the change remains valid for solving the problem of my update alarm surviving device sleep, leaving only the question of how to refactor the behaviour that using an IntentService had broken.
[Estimated Reading Time: 3 minutes] Keep On Running… Some may have noticed that I updated my previous post with a footnote describing an issue with my battery widget not resuming it’s updates after the phone went into (and came out of) deep sleep. I got to the bottom of that and can now happily report that my widget seems 100% reliable and the solution is not contributing to any additional battery drain. This is what I did…
[Estimated Reading Time: 9 minutes] Well Behaved Widgetry When we left it, my battery widget was working but wasn’t particularly well behaved. There was nothing much wrong with the functionality, but plenty wrong with the implementation.
[Estimated Reading Time: 2 minutes] RemObjects have officially released the September update to Oxygene with the usual round of bug fixes and some dramatic improvements in the tool chain.
[Estimated Reading Time: 9 minutes] In the first instalment of this series, I implemented the basic framework of a new appwidget and established a means by which I could debug the widget code. Now it’s time to add some code worth debugging.
[Estimated Reading Time: 9 minutes] With my external HDD trials and tribulations behind me, I have finally been able to complete a project I started last weekend – implementing an Android AppWidget. Along the way I have learned some more about both Android and Oxygene and what can be involved with working with the two together.
[Estimated Reading Time: 10 minutes] This is it. The home straight. The final part of my series on writing a camera app using Oxygene for Android. In this concluding part I shall look at making my application a well behaved Android citizen. As well as pointing out (and fixing) some mistakes I have made along the way, we will add a new capability.
[Estimated Reading Time: 2 minutes] Lachlan just posted a link to a post on Google+ (also available as a PDF) demonstrating how to call Java from Delphi XE5.
[Estimated Reading Time: 6 minutes] The fourth and final part in the not-as-short-as-I-thought-it-would be series on building a camera app for Android using Oxygene. In this penultimate instalment we will add the capability to actually take a picture. But that won’t take very long, so then we will spend a bit of time tidying up the application UI.