[Estimated Reading Time: 2 minutes] I am in the middle of writing a much longer post about variations and recent additions to Pascal syntax in Delphi, Oxygene and Lazarus, but at the same time I also decided to start on the process of migrating some of my code to Lazarus and FPC. In the process I have hit upon a snag.
[Estimated Reading Time: 6 minutes] It has been a looong time since I last looked at Lazarus. So long in fact that I don’t remember exactly when it was. Whenever it was I don’t think I ever actually managed to even get it up and running at that point. Certainly I don’t remember much about it if I ever did. But with the timely Lazarus 1.0 announcement last week, I have gone back to have another look. And this is what I found.
[Estimated Reading Time: < 1 minute] As some people may have already noticed, Lazarus went “1.0” yesterday. The sensitivity – and some might say serendipity – of the timing of this can hardly have escaped many people, including myself.