[Estimated Reading Time: 4 minutes] This is a quick follow up post to further tease some of the exciting developments in the world of RemObjects Elements. Yesterday I posted about implementing a Windows version of my trivially simple RandomNumber application. Today, I present another Windows version. But this one doesn’t use .NET.
[Estimated Reading Time: 3 minutes] This final post in the mini-series re-creating a random number app for OS X, Android and .NET has taken a while not because it’s complicated but because I’ve been distracted by a far more significant cross-platform project and some significant and exciting developments in the world of Fire and Elements. More on that later First, let’s get this .NET app out of the way.
[Estimated Reading Time: < 1 minute] Something made me check the post I published yesterday and it’s a good job I did because I found that WordPress had severely truncated it (perhaps something to do with the update to 4.5.1 that I did later on ?). In any event, that previous post has now been restored (fortunately the previous revision in the WordPress history was still more or less complete), so if you thought it had cut short rather abruptly, you weren’t wrong, and the full post is now available as intended.
[Estimated Reading Time: 7 minutes] I’m not sure how many more song inspired Fire references I can keep coming up with, but here at least is one more.
[Estimated Reading Time: 13 minutes] Earlier this year, the Fire IDE for Elements was officially released after a fairly extensive beta. I have previously stuck with Visual Studio for the [relatively little] Elements work I have been doing but problems with my VM solution on a recently acquired MacBook Pro gave me the impetus to spend some quality time with Fire, and I have to say it is very impressive.
[Estimated Reading Time: 2 minutes] When discussing mobile device application development using Oxygene or other RemObjects Elements technologies, the question of user interface designers doesn’t usually take long to come up (particularly with Delphi developers). Up to now the answer has always been Xcode Interface Builder for iOS/OS X, Visual Studio WinForms/WPF Designers for .Net and… um… your favourite text editor for Android (if you don’t like the XML editing facilities in Visual Studio). But not for much longer.
[Estimated Reading Time: 2 minutes] Not exactly hot off the presses but some people apparently seem still to be unaware that my suggestion for a Community Edition of Delphi has been picked up (some years later, mind you). Except that it isn’t Embarcadero that have picked it up, but Microsoft.
[Estimated Reading Time: 6 minutes] In the run up to the announcement of the new iPhone 6 and the Apple Watch, Apple also revamped iTunes Connect, the portal through which apps are submitted to the App Store. Unfortunately the new interface has a number of problems which I spent wasted hours dealing with yesterday.
[Estimated Reading Time: 2 minutes] My original Android version of TXT-2-PARK has been in the Google Play Store for a little over a week now. But it was only on Saturday that I decided to install the release version onto my phone from the store itself, and found a problem.
[Estimated Reading Time: 4 minutes] So Saturday morning I finished the iOS version of my application and published it to the App Store. Of all of the app stores, the approval process with Apple evidently takes the longest. So, whilst waiting for my app to be released, I developed (and published) the Windows Phone version of my app.