[Estimated Reading Time: 5 minutes] Yesterday I initially posted that you couldn’t mix Unified Syntax with “traditional” interface and implementation sections. Or what I am now calling Segregated Syntax. As sometimes happens, shortly after writing what I thought I knew to be true I discovered it wasn’t ! Sorry about that. 🙂 I promised to illustrate the scenario where I found it both possible and useful, and here it is.
[Estimated Reading Time: 5 minutes] In the periodic table of the elements, at #9 we find Fluorine. Curiously though the name “Fluorine” is not used (that I am aware of) anywhere in the Elements 9.0 release which dropped this week. But there is plenty of interest in this release, aside from Period Table curios.
[Estimated Reading Time: < 1 minute] Something made me check the post I published yesterday and it’s a good job I did because I found that WordPress had severely truncated it (perhaps something to do with the update to 4.5.1 that I did later on ?). In any event, that previous post has now been restored (fortunately the previous revision in the WordPress history was still more or less complete), so if you thought it had cut short rather abruptly, you weren’t wrong, and the full post is now available as intended.
[Estimated Reading Time: 7 minutes] I’m not sure how many more song inspired Fire references I can keep coming up with, but here at least is one more.
[Estimated Reading Time: 13 minutes] Earlier this year, the Fire IDE for Elements was officially released after a fairly extensive beta. I have previously stuck with Visual Studio for the [relatively little] Elements work I have been doing but problems with my VM solution on a recently acquired MacBook Pro gave me the impetus to spend some quality time with Fire, and I have to say it is very impressive.
[Estimated Reading Time: 2 minutes] Not exactly hot off the presses but some people apparently seem still to be unaware that my suggestion for a Community Edition of Delphi has been picked up (some years later, mind you). Except that it isn’t Embarcadero that have picked it up, but Microsoft.
[Estimated Reading Time: 6 minutes] In the run up to the announcement of the new iPhone 6 and the Apple Watch, Apple also revamped iTunes Connect, the portal through which apps are submitted to the App Store. Unfortunately the new interface has a number of problems which I spent wasted hours dealing with yesterday.
[Estimated Reading Time: 4 minutes] So Saturday morning I finished the iOS version of my application and published it to the App Store. Of all of the app stores, the approval process with Apple evidently takes the longest. So, whilst waiting for my app to be released, I developed (and published) the Windows Phone version of my app.
[Estimated Reading Time: 6 minutes] Earlier this week I mentioned that I had published my TXT-2-PARK app for Android in the Google Play Store. Today I published the iOS version to the Apple App Store (still awaiting approval at this stage). As with the Android version, I implemented the iOS version using Oxygene, and things proved a little less straightforward.
[Estimated Reading Time: 9 minutes] I’ve mentioned some of the cool stuff in the Oxygene language in various posts and thought it would be a good idea to list them again, along with some others that I’ve not previously mentioned.