I have elevated this comment from David I in a previous post, to the status of a post in it’s own right, in order that it might elicit the suggestions from readers/commenters that David seeks. I have adjusted the opening wording to make more sense in the context of a post, but give full credit to David I for kicking this off.
I shall be responding myself shortly, but in the meantime, here’s the chance for others to contribute to an interim, ad-hoc “Delphi Survey” of sorts.
David I thought it would be great to have a post with product feature suggestions for Marco to focus on. He suspected that we might see a few of the following (in no particular order):
- Delphi ORM
- Additional features for DataSnap: security, load balancing, fail over
- Un-dockable form designer for VCL and FMX
- Improved code optimization
- Native control support for iOS/Android/etc
- MVC for Web App Development
- Dependency Injection Framework
- BiDi: better support in VCL, add support in FMX
- Accesssibility support in FMX
- IDE options, packages migration when installing new version
- Remove Package/Component compiler version dependencies
- Parallel / Concurrency support
- Garbage Collection
On your marks, get set…. GO!
[With apologies to those who already responses inline to the comment on the previous post - would you mind resubmitting to this one to kick things off ? Again ? ]
Comments are now closed.